Why Go Digital?
- Increased information security
Internal and external threats can threaten integrity and value of important information. "Going digital" ensures
- It is much harder for files to be stolen, misplaced or manipulated.
- Provides better, more flexible control over sensitive documents
- Audit trails and reports give detailed system activity showing who accessed what document and at what time.
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Provides staff with immediate access to information - faster search and retrieval of documents without leaving the office desk.
- Facilitates remote access – any authorized user can access documents from any location. One doesn't have to be in a particular
office to access a certain file.
- Documents can be retrieved and viewed simultaneously.
- Improved customer service and satisfaction.
- Enhances the work environment
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Natural disasters or accidents such as fires could destroy files. Creating electronic copies of documents and backing them up in
different ways (offsite locations and cloud computing) ensures that in the event of a document loss or damage, archives can be
reconstructed from digital backups.
- Maintain usability -files will not get worn out or defaced.
- Increase productivity by lowering the following costs
- Reduction in paper and printing costs
- Reduction in the real estate and storage space required
- Less staff required
- Reduction in filing costs
- Enhance communication and collaboration
- Makes it easy to share documents electronically with colleagues and clients over a network, as opposed to sharing paper documents which entails photocopying.
- Improves internal operations by improving the flow of information.
- Environmental benefits – Go Green - by using less paper in your organization you help conserve trees.